Subject: Re: [Leica] The World at F1
From: nbwatson@juno.com (N. B. Watson)
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 19:47:07 EDT

I never used the Noctilux lens but the 21 3.4 S/A had the same propensity
at full aperture.  I've still both my S/A's (a chrome '63 and a black
'77) and use them whenever my 21 ASPH's full-aperture performance is
unable to adequately direct the viewers' eye to the centre of the image :
)

Regards,
Nigel

On Sun, 11 Oct 1998 14:37:53 -0700 tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
writes:
>Tina Manley wrote:
>>The vignetting is there if you look closely; however, this is not a
>problem
>>for me.  It helps to direct attention to the center of the
>photograph.  In
>>fact, if it were not there, I might add it in the darkroom!>>>>>>
>
>Hi Tina,
>
>I've always thought it was nice of Leitz to have built in that little
>darkening of the corners.:) And as you say, it saves time in the
>darkroom
>burning in the outer edges of the print directing the eye to the
>central
>area of the image.
>
>Besides in many cases the vignetting is only noticable when you shoot
>light
>bkgd areas out to the edges.    ie: skies or light walls.  And in some
>cases you really don't see it, it is so slightly there.
>
>It's another one of those thngs I was never aware of until I joined
>the LUG
>and folks were talking about, I always thought that was just the way
>the
>lens was supposed to help you as a photographer. :)
>
>ted

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]