Subject: Re: [Leica] street photography
From: jimbrick@photoaccess.com (Jim Brick)
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 1998 09:20:52 -0700

I may have posted this a while back. A friend of mine spent three weeks in
Cuba earlier this year. He was photographing in a run down area (he was
told that it was a bad area, but went anyway.) He was using an N90 in his
hands, had an M3, 35/2, and film in a backpack slung over one shoulder, and
had a belt pack (small) around his waist. While photographing, a rather
large man came running at him, grabbed the waist belt pack, ripped off of
him and ran away. My friend was not hurt. A little shaken as he fell during
the assault. The thief was not interested in cameras. He obviously thought
there was money in the waist pack. But there was only Neosporin, suntan
lotion, band aids, gum, and aspirin. He continued to photograph. The man
never returned.

Jim
http://www.photoaccess.com
Jim Brick, ASMP, BIAA