Subject: Re: [Leica] Lucien tripod Gitzo and help for M6 choice versus HM
From: jimbrick@photoaccess.com (Jim Brick)
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 1998 17:19:00 -0700

I got an M6HM first. I did not like the fact that the 35 frame was so far
out that I had to move my head around to see it all. So I gave it back and
got an M6 0.72 . I actually like the classic M6 much better. I believe, it
is compositionally easier to use, when you can see what's outside of the
frame. Especially for a hand held camera. I use my R7's completely
differently so the less than full view GG screen is not a limitation.

However... there are many on the LUG that love the M6HM. So you will have
to see for yourself.

Jim

At 05:59 PM 10/8/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Pierre-Jean,
>I just discussed this very same thing on the phone with my regular dealer.
>He insists that it isn't convenient at all to use the 35 on the M6HM even
>though I don't wear glasses.  He was adamant that I actually check out the
>HM before buying one.
>

>>Lugers,
>>
>> I need your help to choice my Leica as I am new to this forum and where I
>>lives I am only able to see the M6 0.72.
>>
>>I plan to buy one with the Summicron 35 mm asph and the  Elmarit 21 mm
>asph,
>>and next year or the Elmarit 90 mm
>>or the Summicron  90 mm asph apo when available.
>>
>>I have read that on a M6 0.72 at close range the range finder is not usable
>>below f 2.7 at 90 mm, true or not.
>>
>>What is your opinion about M6 HM as I want primary use the 35 mm Summicron,
>>can I really see easily  the bright line in the view finder,
>>Is it a good choice the High Magnification  with this 35 mm.
>>
>>Merci beaucoup
>>
>>Pierre-Jean

http://www.photoaccess.com
Jim Brick, ASMP, BIAA