Subject: Re: Re(2): [Leica] Black Finishh
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 11:05:45 EDT

Ted:

Sorry, can't use my underwear....I would be wiping with my fingers!    I am
sure that no one has favorite underwear but me.  I like for the elastic to
lose its grip...that's when they are more comfortable.

I guess there are some of us LUGGERS that are goofier than others.  Frankly I
clean my Leicas more frequently than I clean my Mercedes.

One of the major benefits of the chrome finish is that it doesn't show wear as
quickly as the black finish.  Unfortunately both of my Leicas are black.  I
just used Zymol auto wax on mine and it looks like it just came out of the
box.  Now if I could keep my greasy fingers off of the viewfinder windows I
would have it made.

Thanks for the comments.

Bob Bedwell
Greensboro, NC

<<
 If mine need any kind of wipe off I use the "old under wear" routine. You
 know the kind of under wear that really can't be worn any longer as they've
 become almost "see through!" :) They're lint free and oh so soft to the
 touch! :)

 I leave them alone, wipe them off gently when necessary leaving their
 "duller/matt look" that was there when I got them. They're clean but not
 shiny, allowing people to think I'm a tourist or amature.

 But then as I said, "to each his own!" :)

 However, if we were talking Mercedes or RR, you bet I'd keep it shiny!:)