Subject: Re: [Leica] Black Finishh
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 20:46:39 EDT

Francesco:

Actually it was Tom Shea that responded to my request for information on how
to restore the lustre to my M6.  He stated that he uses Pledge which probably
contains carnuba which is the main ingredient in most automobile waxes.  I
have used Zymol on the exterior of my cars, used it on the wood and used it to
polish furniture.  I don't see why it wouldn't work equally as well on the
metal of a Leica.  I want to make sure that it doesn't contain a compound that
will scratch the finish.  I am going to try both Pledge and Zymol.  I'll keep
you posted.

Bob Bedwell
Greensboro, NC

<< You use WOOD FINISHING OIL on your metal M6?

 Francesco