Subject: [Leica] RE: two ?'s.
From: Jim Laurel <jplaurel@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 09:46:49 -0700

I've noted that my R6.2 has significantly more vibration than the Canon
EOS1n and A2E that I also use regularly.  Firing that R6.2 is like setting
off an explosion.  I've heard people on the LUG talk about how low vibration
is on the R cameras, which is a real surprise to me.  In fact, I'd say that
of all the mechanical SLRs I've owned (Nikkormats, Minolta SRT 101/102,
Canon FTb, TX, EF, A1 AE1, AE1P, F1n), the R6 is one of the noisiest, and
most vibration-prone cameras I've ever owned.  It's no wonder it needs a
mirror lock up.  Well, maybe the Nikkormats were just as bad...  ;-)

Perhaps the R8 is much better in this regard.

- --Jim