Subject: [Leica] Images on Wetzlar and Leica Akademie Seminar are now online
From: Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 1998 21:15:53 +0200

Friends:

I have spent many hours over the weekend tweaking my webpages and
scanning/putting some more images in different sections.
The layout of the index page has also been completely overhauled and now
offers frames.

And... I have added some images on the recent Leica Akademie Seminar in
English language and the very cosy city of Wetzlar.
These sections are not final as I am still awaiting development of some
more films. I'll also notify the group when these sections have become
final.

On a technical note: the slides/negatives were scanned with the Nikon
Super Coolscan LS-2000 film scanner at highest resolution using Adobe
Photoshop 5.0 and the NikonScan 2.1 plug-in on my Macintosh. I did not
touch them up with Photoshop (the ICE dust and scratches removal
mechanism in the Nikon scanner is fantastic). They were then converted to
JPEG's (quality 5 setting) at 150 dpi and 10 cm size for the longest side
(depending on portrait or landscape format). Finally, in order to reduce
them even more and to speed up download times, I have optimized them
through Adobe ImageReady 1.0 which does this job automatically (you can
preview the difference at different quality settings).
If anyone of you wants a scan of an image of the Wetzlar/Leica Akademie
sections at the full resolution size offered by the Nikon scanner, let me
know.

The pages can be visited on the following URL:

http://members.xoom.com/cyberplace/

Enjoy.
Comments are always welcome.

Best,

Pascal
Belgium

Check out: http://members.xoom.com/cyberplace/
Who else than Leica could make a camera like the R8 ?
With that unique design and above all: that ergonomics.
Nikon ? Canon ? Nobody but Leica !