Subject: Re: [Leica] Need Help on R8
From: Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 1998 12:06:04 +0200

On 03-10-1998 08:36 Ben wrote:

>Reason why I am so unsure is that the camera all of a sudden stopped so
>naturally after the camera automatically rewinded the last roll.
>
>Would appreciate if fellow R8 users can tell me what it's all about.

Try removing your motorwinder and see if the film can be forwarded
manually. If yes, it is the motordrive that is causing the trouble.
There is a known problem with the motordrive contact coupling on the R8
that could be causing your problem. Leica has adjusted the contacts on my
motorwinder/R8 body when I was in Solms this week.

Pascal

Check out: http://members.xoom.com/cyberplace/
Macintosh PowerBook G3 - it eats Pentium notebooks for lunch