Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica's Future
From: Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 1998 11:50:00 +0200

On 29-09-1998 02:44 Gary Elshaw wrote:

>Dominique wrote:
> I have sent E-mails to people at Solms and I don't even get the courtesy
>of a computer generated reply.

I have (almost) always received a response to any email I have sent to
Leica in Solms. They are really on the ball and have embraced the
internet as part of their working methods. This is an excellent thing,
especially for a rather small camera company like Leica because it
broadens their "sphere" without much cost, and develops closer ties
between them and their customers.
As a matter of fact, at the end of the Leica Akademie seminar I attended
this week, it was suggested by the instructors that problems or questions
could always be sent by email.
I do not know of any other major camera manufacturer that has embraced
the internet as much as Leica has. No other company is as quick in
delivering a useful response to your questions via email.
Seems you were very unlucky or were addressing the wrong person.

Pascal

Check out: http://members.xoom.com/cyberplace/
Who else than Leica could make a camera like the R8 ?
With that unique design and above all: that ergonomics.
Nikon ? Canon ? Nobody but Leica !