Subject: Re: [Leica] M6TTL desirable/lefteyedness
From: "Joe Stephenson" <joeleica@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 08:52:14 -0700

I'm a left eye viewer, too, Mikael. I also use Olympus and Leica cameras and
like both for different situations. I use my left eye because the right
isn't as good, and also because a habit a long time ago. When I started
using Leica's (M3 and M6), I tried to do the "right thing" and use my right
eye, but it just didn't work for me. I sometimes wear sunglasses in bright
light and am just able to see the M3 frame for 50mm, but the camera often
touches the surface of the glasses. Annoying, and likely to scratch the
surface of the glasses. I don't know about Leica, but Olympus made neat
diopter correctors with a rubber eye cup that slipped onto the back of the
camera. If you could find one it might help with using the OM's. Perhaps
there is a similar device for Leica's?
regards,
Joe Stephenson