Subject: Re: [Leica] Wedding plans with M6
From: InfinityDT@aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 15:33:20 EDT

From my experience, with 400-speed film your wedding-reception exposures at f2
will range between 1/15 to 1/125.  Most will probably be in the 1/30 to 1/60
range, just fast enough for handholding either the 35 or 50, especially if
you're not going to blow them up past 4x6.  In your place I would take both
lenses.  I'm not a big fan of super-speed film except for "gritty" news
reportage.  I think the effect is rather harsh to convey the joyousness of a
wedding. Just my opinion.  I happen to like the  T400CN (processes in C41
chemistry) for its broad tonal range and excellent handling of contrast
without needing extraordinary processing/printing measures.  I've used it
under just the situation you describe, to good result.  I would probably also
pocket a small flash, for stopping faster action (like dancing) but just "in
case".

Jay