Subject: [Leica] Wedding plans with M6
From: "Andrew M. Moore" <dmm@bronze.lcs.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 10:51:08 -0400

For the first time, I'll have an opportunity to use the M6 at a wedding,
in a couple weeks.  I'm going as a guest, not as a wedding
photographer.  The wedding and reception will be in the evening, all
indoors I assume.  I'll be shooting only black & white, in available
light.  I'll be doing most "photojournalist" style shots, rather than
portraits, etc.  Nothing will be enlarged to more than 4x6, most likely.

What I'd like to take:
M6, 35/2, Tri-X 400, TMZ/P3200, light meter

What I'm concerned about:
- - Tri-X will be too contrasty with all those black & white gowns and
tuxes.
   How might I rate/process it differently to compensate?  Or should I
consider a different film?
- - I'll wish I had a longer lens (but I really want to keep things
simple).
   My only other options are 50/2 and 90/4.  Since there will be an
official photographer present,
   I'll be doing most shooting from a guest's perspective, and will be
trying to not get too close or
   in the way.  This makes me think the 50/2 would be a better choice.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Andrew