Subject: RE: [Leica] How to remove lens shade from the new 35mm 1.4 ASPH?
From: "B. D. Colen" <BDColen@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 10:39:36 -0400

Mike - you are. First, twist the ring with the dot and arrows to the left,
so that the white dot is lined up over the red arrows - THEN push the tabs.
When you place the shade back on, twist the ring to the right, so that the
white dots are aligned, and the shade will lock on. (right/left are looking
from the rear of the camera to the front)