Subject: [Leica] Welcome & more Photokina
From: jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 13:40:00 +0000

to Arthur Krick...

Glad to know we let you in! Good to have you on board and sorry that we
didn't get to meet up in person at Photokina, though I did hear,
belatedly, that you were around. This LUG business takes up a lot of time
you know, don't forget the customers in the shop!

Following up on our interesting chat with Leica, we talked at some stage
about alternative viewfinding systems for the M cameras and though they
recounted non-productive experiments with zoom finders (not enough room
for the moving elements) it was suggested by one of us (sorry, I forget
who) that they contemplate the (1950s) Canon solution of a rotating prism
offering different degrees of magnification which are dialed in by the
photographer.
Leica admitted that they were unaware of this and would be interested in
exploring it, so yesterday I packaged off my old Vt for Burkard Kiesel to
examine. I
n my wildest dreams it might arrive back looking better than when it left
me and provide, perhaps, an interesting solution to the problems of using
multiple lenses through a single magnification viewfinder.

Jem