Subject: [Leica] new Pradovit projectors
From: jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 12:57:00 +0000

Pascal wrote:
>One area which shines, are the new Pradovit projectors. They seem to be
an excellent thing, >especially for people who give demonstrations and so
on.
Pascal,
Sorry you couldn't make it to Photokina, the LUG meeting was great and we
talked very openly with Leicas top brass.

Regarding the new Pradovit projectors, I went on Saturday night to a
slide show presented by Rene Burri who was receiving the 1998 Erich
Saloman prize hosted by the GdPh. 'Zydo' was there, (Hans Gunther von
Zydovich) the Leica press chap who had been at our LUG meeting, and he,
along with Gunther Osterloh, spent many minutes persuading an RT Pradovit
to perform correctly before the start of the show!
Sitting through an hour and a half of unintelligible German was made
bearable by the free beer and pizza and the chance to say 'hello' to Rene
afterwards and claim an autograph!
If only I had hung around the Leica stand all day Friday I could have met
Ralph Gibson as well!

Looking forward to the next opportunity...

Jem