Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 motordrive - Real story!! :)
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant98@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 1998 21:23:08 PDT

Pascal wrote:

>END OF '99 ????? I realized there have been manufacturing "problems"
due to the fact that their first subcontractor could not deliver, but
>apparently the same has happened to the second subcontractor as
well...With deep regrets and no further comments,>>>>>>>>

Hi Pascal,

The reason the motor wont be ready until late '99 is, they want to have
a big millennium 2000 Motor drive party ! :)

Like we've finally made it!!!!!!!!!!! Can't you imagine a party to
alleviate the 4 years of waiting? :)

They are going to invite all of us who ordered motors with our camera
when it first came out in '96 to a big bash in Solms and give us "free

Of course this party will not only include a free new motor, but they
will be limited editon versions made from Titanium and operate at 10
frames a second.  A sort of 2 frames upmanship on those guys from Japan!
:)  Oh yeah and all expenses paid first class flights from wherever we
live around the world.:)

Now all you guys who said, "wait, wait don't buy right away!" Aren't you
sorry you didn't buy right away? :)

ted