Subject: Re: [Leica] KL Malaysia Leica count!
From: Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 10:19:45 +0200

On 21-09-1998 06:46 Nathan Wajsman wrote:

>According to the Leica people at Friday's LUG seminar, the 90mm Summicron
>will be available in 1Q99; apparently they ran into some manufacturing
>difficulties in Canada. Presumably the 3.4/135mm lens will be available
>sooner.

In the new Leica sales catalogue, it is said:

Q1 for the 35-70/2.8 R
End of 98 for the Apo 90 ASPH M and Apo 135 M

So now there seem to be again manufacturing problems with a lens. It like
d=E9j=E0 vu all over again - remember the huge problems with the
manufacturing of the he first six months? And the ongoing saga of the R8
motordrive?

A pity for such a brand like Leica!
I really love their gear,  but all I can hear from most people around me
is that I am crazy... Maybe they're wright after all?

Pascal

Check out: http://members.xoom.com/cyberplace/
Macintosh PowerBook G3 - it eats Pentium notebooks for lunch