Subject: Re: [Leica] R3
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant98@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 1998 05:03:30 PDT

JG wrote:
>Anyone out there own an R3? One R user said it was the sweetest deal in
the R system. >>>>>>>>.

JG, for what it's worth.

I guess if you want a sweet deal for an anchor on a boat go for the R3.
I'm sure whomever told you it was the "sweetest deal" must have been
joshing you.

From encounters with several folks who owned and got rid of R 3's out of
sheer frustrations of malfunction and whatever and sold them quickly,
I'd suggest buy any other model accept the first R4's, as many of them
had the similar or same guts as the R3 and were sheer grief also! Until
the innards were changed and then they were a great camera to use and I
worked 3 of them at the same time for several years.

Now everybody who had well working R3's and 4's please don't get antsy,
my response is based on personal experience and that of several others
who had the flying willies with R3's and early R4's.

ted
(still in Kuala Lumpur for three more days.)