Subject: Re: [Leica] Newbie - 100 APO lens
From: "Bill Christensen" <kangwei@interaccess.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 06:33:37 -0500

Willie,

Welcome to the Leica family!  It is a decision that your heart will delight
in for years to come while your pocket book will become lighter and lighter.

The 100 APO lens is a stellar optic.  Aside from its incredible sharpness,
the color transmission is superb.  It etches slight color nuances into the
emulsion missed by most other lenses.  Those nuances enrich the image. Also,
the lens is very versatile.  It can be used from infinity to close-ups.  For
portraiture (especially for a female model), a slight softening filter
should be used because the lens is so razor sharp.  In short, it is my
favorite lens - one that cannot be praised enough.

 Bill Christensen