Subject: [Leica] London and Paris
From: "Bill Christensen" <kangwei@interaccess.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 17:03:30 -0500

Rather unexpectedly, I will play tourist in London and Paris later this
month.  Is it worthwhile to lug the 280 f4 lens, plus the 1.4x, for a 400mm
reach or will the 180 f2.8 (non-APO version) plus the 1.4x  (250mm reach) be
adequate for longer shots?  We all face this classic dilemma - focal length
flexibility vs. becoming a packhorse.

Incidentally, airline restrictions for carry-on luggage (Leicas) differ
greatly. Alitalia has an 11 pound weight limit vs. 70 lbs for American
Airlines.  Out of curiosity, I weighed my R equipment in a backpack (minus
the 560) this morning.  The scale read 23 lbs.  Who needs the health club!

Beyond the obvious tourist attractions, are there any "can't miss" sights?
Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

Bill Christensen