Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica R4
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 18:04:42 -0400

Dominique-
You paint with a broad brush! I had an R4 and it was a good camera- I did
make sure, however, that the one I got had a serial number higher than
1600000. There was some discussion earlier in the group about the earlier R4
cameras having reliability problems, and this is why those with the higher
serial numbers seem to go for more money. I had an R3 for a couple of years,
as well,  and it was a later production model. I found that it was reliable,
too, though I had to replace the foam around the cassette window.
Dan
dwpost@msn.com