Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica R4
From: Dominique PELLISSIER <pelliss@droit-eco.u-nancy.fr>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 22:25:47 +0200

A 00:01 10/09/98 -0700, vous avez =E9crit :

>From: wcgodwin <wcgodwin@netcomuk.co.uk>
>Date: Wed, 09 Sep 1998 07:49:24 -0700
>Subject: [Leica] Leica] R4
>
>Anyone have any information / experiences with the Leica R4. Have notice=
that they are cheap second-hand here in the UK { by "cheap" I mean under
=3DA3275 ( about $440 ) }.Is there any particular reason for this ?? Only
thing I know about the R4 is that it has an electronic shutter !! Had bee=
getting concidering a used "M" { I already have a 111C }, but the R4 is
less than half the price of any of the "M" series !!{ R3's are even cheap=
er
but much harder to find !! }

>Thanks.
>Clive..

There are strong and serious rumors about the reliability of the R4. The
price is low because that camera is crappy. I had one some years ago. I
bought it =A3 350 and Leica France estimated the repair at =A3 300 withou=
t the
CLA !I prefer not to say how I got rid of it.
Today, even Leica France informs potential buyers of  the high cost of a
repair.
Forget it !And look at a R7, the first reliable Leica reflex.