Subject: Re: [Leica] Disguising my M6
From: dmm@bronze.lcs.mit.edu (Andrew M. Moore)
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 14:38:59 -0400 (EDT)

I hesitate to jump into this thread, but I think I've found something
that may actually be useful enough to share.

By now we all must know how to disguise a black M6, but how about
the chrome one?

In an office supply store, I found a pen that writes in metallic
silver ink.  Actually, I think it's more like a paint.  In any case,
it's a perfect match to the M6 chrome color.  Better still, the rigid
tip fits perfectly inside the grooves of the "LEICA" lettering, so you
simply trace along the lettering without slipping outside the lines.
The fluid goes on thick enough to get all those crevices in the red
dot logo, too.

The pen is made by Pilot.  It contains "ethylcyclohexane and petroleum
distillate."  With a name like that, it probably won't rub off too well,
but that doesn't bother me.  I'm very happy with the results.

Andrew