Subject: Re: [Leica] Airport security
From: "Joe Stephenson" <joeleica@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 1998 11:30:06 -0700

Like most respondents to this thread, I am very much in favor of top-notch
security at airports. However, I also favor training. I shouldin't be that
hard to teach the security people at the gates that all cameras are not
alike. Also to keep theri hands away from shutter curtains. I have a friend
who had her Hassy 500c blown up by Army security in Germany. they apparently
feel that if they can't identify the object via an Xray, then it's best to
blow it up. They did replace the camera.
I have found that my best photos are usually taken close to home of subjects
that I kno well. Travel pictures (mine) tend to be interesting, but not
necessarily strong graphically. How does that work for others? Where do  you
take your best pictures?
Joe Stephenson