Subject: Re: [Leica] b&w, color of the soul (was: Old colour film stock and back to pictures.)
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant98@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 1998 07:36:27 PDT

David Medley wrote:

>The point that I am trying to make - it is up to those of us who do
have some knowledge and experience with image making to share that
knowledge.>>>>>>>

Hi David,

That's one of the reasons I stay online here, as I hope that in some
small way with 40 plus years of working photographer experience, much of
it using Leicas, that I can give back to photography what photography
has given to me.  In other words, just maybe I can make another
photographers life just a little bit easier in becoming a better shooter
than I.

In that, I just spent 24 hours on the Island of Langkawi of Malaysia,
that without a doubt, is one of the most incredible island/locations for
picture taking I have ever seen in all my years.

My visit was to check out the "Shooting" venue, as in competition with
weapons for the upcoming Commonwealth Games. It took about an hour for
my main roll and the rest of the time I went around wishing I had
nothing else to do with my life, but spend the rest of it taking
pictures of this magnificent location.

I managed about 6 rolls during a few hours of free time and if I had an
8 hour shooting day it would have been ten times that! :) The images
just kept appearing each time I looked in a different direction,
absolutely amazing.

People, scenes, fishermen, old and new buildings to incredible azure
blue water, skies with white and black sand beaches beyond ones
imagination!

Oh well I can always come back another time.:)

ted