Subject: [Leica] A funny thing happened in my R8
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant98@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 1998 05:01:00 PDT

Langkawi Island, Malaysia

A funny thing happened on the way to the beach! If you thought the cow
story was funny how about this.:)

The driver of the vehicle stopped and bought some "hairy fruit" sort of
plums with little spiky things all over them and handed me a bunch still
on the branches.

So I put them on the seat, as I was changing film and lenses. I removed
the 35-70 and put the body minus lens on the seat near the hairy fruit,
while digging out the 70-180. Clicked it into place and waited for our
arrival at the beach to shoot

Putting the camera to my eye expecting to see a beautiful beach scene
all I could see was this damn ant scurrying around inside the
viewfinder! :)

Immediately taking the lens off to shake it out I couldn't see it
anywhere, shook the camera sans lens hoping it fell out, re-locked the
lens to get on with picture taking. Camera to eye and damnd if that
little critter was still in there crawling around.

Off came the lens a second time, still couldn't find it anywhere, shook
the body very well and didn't see it. So, lens back on looked and this
time I didn't see it, must have fallen out OK.

A few frames later there it was again! Off with the lens and still
couldn't find it, put the lens back on and there it was again, only
moving a little slower. I figured to hell with this and I just kept
shooting. Never did find it.

By the way, the hairy fruit was excellent! :) The ant?  Well who knows
where the hell it is, but if I find ant shadows across the exposed film
I'll know where it was! :)

So any of you guys interested in buying an ant infested R8? :)

ted