Subject: [Leica] Tiltall
From: Doug Herr <71247.3542@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 1998 13:24:20 -0400

On  Fri, 4 Sep 1998, Gary Elshaw wrote:

<SNIP>
> i was wondering if there were many other Luggers using them[Tiltalls], =

>and how many were using them in their standard configuration?
>Have any of you attempted to replace the tripod head with one of Leica's=

>Ball and socket head's?

Gary,

I use the Tiltall only when photographing animals from within a blind [U.=

K. =3D hide]
In the blind without the tripod I'd have to hold the 560 in precicely the=

same position for hours at a time, which is somewhat impractical.  When I=
'm
not using the blind I use the long lenses with the Leica shoulder stock.

The blind+tripod+280+400+560+a couple of R-bodies makes quite a load but =
just stuff everything into a backpack.  The Tiltall is lashed to the
outside of the pack and only gets in the way when I need to hike through
heavy brush.

Doug Herr
Sacramento