Subject: [Leica] Re: Agfacolour fading
From: "Doug Richardson" <doug@meditor.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 09:29:21 -0000

Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net> wrote:

>When I did research in school on the technology of photojournalism, I
remember reading that the Agfa faded so fast you could almost set your
clock by it. :-)

I used a lot of Agfacolour slide film in the mid to late 1960s, and
looking at the slides now, they seem to have a brown tinge - but I
suspect they always did. (I can remember photographing a bridge whose
structure was painted with red-lead pain, and noticing that this
appeared chocolate brown on the newly-processed slides.)

I've recently been looking through a collection of slides taken in the
early-to-mid sixties on Kodachrome and Perutz reversal films. All the
transparencies which had been left in card or plastic mounts still had
excellent colour, but those which had been bound between glass were
badly faded.

Regards,

Doug Richardson