Subject: [Leica] R8 rewind clearance button problem
From: Ben <longjohn@netvigator.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 1998 20:37:02 +0800

I just bought an new R8 and Winder today.  After reading the instructions and got
excited about it, I started playing with all the buttons (No film inside but
should not make any difference).

Very disappointingly, I found that the rewind clearance button does not come back
to original position smoothly after pressed and rewinding.  I have to press the
shutter release for several frames before it can hop back to the ordinary position
(possible due to the vibration).  This is very disturbing.

My R4 is in service well over 10 years without any problem (except to change the
foam around film window once).  I thought R8 was 100% inspected.  Am I the only
one that have encountered this kind of problem?   Or, shall I be expecting many
more problems to come?

All in all, this experience kind of haunted my belief in Leica's quality control
and reliability.

Really very disappointed.

Ben

BTW, if this rewind clearance button problem is not a problem, just my stupity.  I
would appreciate if you can yell at me and teach me how to do it right