Subject: [Leica] Re: Pradovit 150
From: "Doug Richardson" <doug@meditor.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 11:28:45 -0000

Ben <longjohn@netvigator.com> asked:

>Does anyone have any experience with Pradovit P150 or Pradovit P300?

I recently bought a 150. No "Leica feel" here - this is strictly a
consumer item whose machanical parts are made almost entirely from
plastic. It has a 'cheap" feel to it - but to be fair, it was cheap.
It works well - I've run about a dozen magazines thru it so far
without only a single misfeed. My late-1950s "quality-built" metal
Agfa Diamator could be relied to jam at least once per magazine,
sometimes several times!

In a darkened room, I can throw a 5ft wide picture on a elderly
no-longer-quite-white screen around 10ft away. (I'll get round to
buying a new screen Real Soon Now.)

There have been several complaints on this list about poor reliability
of the P150, and one posting from someone who works his hard and has
had no problems. It's always hard to say now representative failure
reports are. However for what it's worth, the first P150 which the
store unpacked from its carton to give me a demonstration was faulty.

Regards,

Doug Richardson