Subject: Re: [Leica] best R lenses from 24 to 50
From: Andre Jean Quintal <megamax@abacom.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 19:55:33 -0400

At 16:15 -0700 26/08/98, Francesco Sanfilippo wrote:
[ . . . ]
>If I wanted the BEST two lenses from 20mm and up for the R7, which
>would they be?  I know the 50/2 is one, unless you guys think the 50/1.4
>is better.  I also want a 24, 28, or 35.  What do you recommend?
>Or should I forget the R7, and ONLY take the M6 with 35 and 50
>Summicrons?
>
>Francesco

	You will appreciate the wider angle lenses in Europe,
	as you already have an APO 100mm.

	My two sets of choices would be:

	a/	19 mm Elmarit-R
		35mm Summicron

	b/	19 mm Elmarit-R
		28mm PC-Super-Angulon

	I can't think of much anything you could not serve
	with these 3 lenses in Europe (assuming the APO 100 mm).

	Since you already own a 35mm 'M', there's a lot
	of good that could come from choosing the 28mm PC.
	I am quite confident you'd use the 19mm a lot
	especially in the cities with many "cramped"
	photo-op quarters.

	If only ONE new lens: the 28mm PC  ! ! !
	No question on my mind.

	A fourth choice would revolve
	about choosing between

		APO-Vario-Elmarit 70-180mm

		APO-Telyt f/3.4 180 mm

		OR the APO-2X extender for your APO 100mm

	to extend your "reach". It may be very useful to "grab"
	people discreetly from a further distance ( pre-focus ! ).

	Then a Leica brand polarizer and orange or deep yellow
	if you enjoy black & white. This is the "vendanges": grape
	harvest . . . you LUCKY dog !

	Bon voyage !

	Andre Jean Quintal

"He looked like lightning,