Subject: [Leica] Need info on the Domke F6
From: "Doug Richardson" <doug@meditor.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 17:51:35 -0000

I'm looking for a bag which will hold a Leicaflex and an  M (or two
Leicaflexes), several lenses and their shades, a meter, and (at times
when I need them) a table tripod + ball & socket head. The Domke F6
looks about the right size. However, the photo in the Domke catalog
and website is not very clear.  OK, so the main interior of the case
can hold two cameras plus a short insert, but what and where are the
remainder of the "nine compartments & pockets" mentioned in the
catalog entry? I've seen the larger F-2 model in a camera store, and
empty it looked a bit of a "dog's dinner" with the large pockets
sticking out at either end of the main bag. The main compartment
measures 12 X 6 X 7, but what sort of overall size is the entire bag?

I can vaguely recall seeing an F6 some time ago in a camera store and
hardly giving it a second glance because it's small handstrap was
fitted with relatively small snaphooks (I'd just had an accident with
a computer bag whose snaphooks were much much heavier than those on
the Domke handstrap, yet had failed.) However, to judge from the Domke
catalog, the bag also has a proper shoulder strap of much more solid
construction. I'll need that - Leicaflex outfits are much heavier than
today's R kit.

Regards,

Doug Richardson