Subject: Re: [Leica] A little international awareness...
From: dmorton@journalist.co.uk (David Morton)
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 19:50 +0100 (BST)

Nathan Wajsman wrote

[snip]
>Conversely, there are British expressions which will confuse many
> Americans; e.g. I am now going to have a fag, and the time is
> almost half seven...

Well if you *really* want to confuse, try telling people you're
'cream crackered' or suffering from 'farmers' :-)

But you're correct, the US and UK are still "two countries separated
by a common language". I write a monthly column for a US publication,
and while Word will cheerfully switch to US English to 'correct' my
spelling, I still have to struggle to translate my thoughts
sometimes.