Subject: Re: [Leica] A little international awareness...
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 20:11:25 +0200

Raimo,

I do not think anyone suggested changing the language of LUG. I do not kn=
ow
where LUG is "based"--it is world-wide and wonderful partly because of th=
at.
English is the international means of communication, like it or not. When=
meet my Swedish colleagues, I should in theory be able to speak Danish to=
 them,
they reply in Swedish and we understand each other. That does work in a p=
inch,
but it is so much easier to speak English!

Incidentally, what does "my=F6s suomeksi" mean? You Finns have an advanta=
ge in
business. I have been in numerous meetings in Finland when the Finnish
participants started speaking Finnish among themselves without the slight=
est
hint of fear than anyone else would understand them.

Nathan

Raimo Korhonen wrote:

> I=B4m not an American but I=B4d rather like to communicate in English (=
whether
> American or British) - much better than in German or Dutch or ... Isn=B4=
t LUG
> based in USA?
> Raimo
> photos at http://personal.inet.fi/private/raimo.korhonen