Subject: Re: [Leica] Polarizer filters
From: Thomas Kachadurian <kach@freeway.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 23:57:09 -0400

Michael:

Find a used 39mm swing out polarizer. It's a great filter, and works
easily. It's quite fumbly to use any but the swing-outs on a rangefinder. I
know from what I speak. I use a screw-in ploarizer often with a Mamiya 6
and have dropped many in the sand and lost a few over hillsides and into
lakes. The swingout is even better than using a polarizer on a SLR, because
if you don't want it you just flip it up. When I'm out hiking I always have
it on my 35 summicron. Sometimes I use it, sometimes I just flip it up.

I would pay dearly to get something like it for my Mamiiya 6.

At 10:19 PM 8/22/98 -0500, you wrote:
>I want to buy a polarizer filter, I will probably get at B+W filter
>(unless someone makes a case for the older leica model, the one that
>doesn't flip up).  My question is which one, looking in the B&H catalogue
>I see a circular polarizer, kaesemann linear polarizer and a kaesemann
>circular polarizer available in 39mm.  What are the differences?  I
>believe a circular polarizer is neccessary on AF systems. How do they
>affect the image? Also what does Kaesemann mean? The only difference I can
>see is in the price, I think im in store for a physics lesson which is
>fine :)
>
>--
>Michael Garmisa <elmar@webreach.com>

Thomas Kachadurian