Subject: Re: [Leica] Lens for near 1:1 reproduction?
From: TTAbrahams@aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 21:01:14 EDT

Gerd, I quite often use enlarging lenses for extreme close ups. They are not
perfect for it as they are designed for a more 2 dimensional image, but they
are also designed for flat field work and often optimized to 1:3 to 1: 10
sizes. When possible I use a slighly longer lens than the 50, better coverage
and mostly designed for less magnification. My favourite is a 100/4,5
Focotar-2 from my Focomat 2C, extremely sharp and contrasty. Also try the lens
head from the old Hektor 135/4,5, this is a very good close up lens,
particularly in the 1:2 and 1:3 magnification area.
 I just finished an adapter for my Viso 3 and bellows, using an old 8 1/2"
Dagor lens, looks fine through the Leicaflex finder, haven't had a chance to
shoot with it yet. It is a verification of the Leica system, adapters galore
and everything fits tightly and the meter on the old SL works with the whole
thing!!!!!. Looks really strange, in the middle of the set up is a Viso 3 with
the mirror in a up position, Bellows 2, a 280/4,8 lens head adapter with the
spacer ring removed and the whole thing stuck on a Viso to SLR adapter. Barely
portable but emminently usable!
Tom A