Subject: Re: [Leica] Enlarger V35
From: "Jeff S" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 10:16:21 -0600

- -----Original Message-----
From: Mary & Stan Kephart <kephartol@att.net>
>Gary Tardoff wrote today:
>
>>I did a 16x20 group portrait from a Summicron DR 50 at f8 on Ilford Delta
>>100 - WOW!
>
>This partially answers a question I have about staying with 35MM.  I've
>mentioned to several photographers I know that I'm in the market for a
>V35 enlarger.  They seem to think it's "limiting"--that eventually I'll
>want to go to a larger format.  One voice of reason, a fellow Leica-user
>finds the resolution so good with the Leica lenses that the larger format
>is not necessary.

You might want to ask Gary Tardoff about the OTHER camera he uses...

I just re-entered the world of large format myself, and find the contrast
between the Leica M and the view camera to be a real treat: The M is small
and very handy; the view camera allows exacting control over perspective and
depth of field, and this can be a plus when doing landscapes. With careful
placement and appropriate choice of optics, I've been able to do lots with
the fixed optics of a smaller camera, but not everything. By the time I've
finished with my first 100 sheets of film, I should know whether I love or
hate view cameras :-) So far, so good.

Jeff