Subject: Re: [Leica] 800mm Telyt-S f8
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 22:38:33 -0500

At 02:15 PM 8/14/98 -0600, you wrote:

>Are there used 800mm Telyt-S f8's available out there?  Was/is it an
>exceptional lens?  Can they be had for less than the price of a small island
>nation?  While I'm at it, anybody know why Telyt-S, rather than Telyt-R, as
>its sister telephoto lenses were labelled during the pre-modular era?

I've seen used ones sell for less than $5,000. They are exceptional lenses.
Three elements all glued together. Near APO quality, I'm told. Big, heavy.
I don't think I'd want one.

Why Telyt-S? Super big. Super heavy? :-)
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength
that will endure as long as life lasts.

Rachel Carson