Subject: Re: [Leica] Street / candid photography
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 1998 15:19:40 -0500

At 03:07 PM 8/8/98 -0300, you wrote:
>Eric:
>
>In a lot of places in Canada, I believe it is illegal to use a camera in a
>Bar.  I think this comes from Victorian times when one did not want it
>known that they frequented such places.  Do these laws exist in the USA as
>well?

Only in terms of private property. You can't take pictures, legally,
without the owners consent on private property. Public property is fair game.

And I doubt if there's no objection by the owner whether such an antiquated
law would be enforced in most cases, except maybe in Quebec, re: recent
court rulings. :-)
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

An SB-26 is a case for holding dead batteries.