Subject: Re: [Leica] Street / candid photography
From: Michael Garmisa <elmar@webreach.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 1998 13:17:11 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 8 Aug 1998, Eric Welch wrote:

> Did they own the place? If not, then you having nothing to worry about
> unless you start selling the picture as posters, or for ads or something
> like that. You don't need anyone's permission to take their photograph
> unless you are going to make a commercial profit off of it. Editorial, no
> release needed.

Here is a slight variation is the release needed only if the photographer
makes a profit or if the photo is used in a commercial manner?  The
example I had in mind was lets say i take a picture, give it to the times
or anyother paper, and they print it.  Now i didn't make a profit as the
paper didn't pay me but the paper did make a profit with the photo. If you
really want to make it complicated what if the paper was a not for profit
paper.  Something ponder....

- --
Michael Garmisa <elmar@webreach.com>