Subject: [Leica] Re: Street / candid photography & Ilford XP2
From: "Ron K. Miller" <rkmiller001@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 1998 15:00:05 -0700

Tina:

Thanks for advice! The business card idea is great! I did take a B&W pic
of a "big-band" singer once during a free performance. The lady was
dancing on the side area with another member of the audience. I didnt
know who she was at the time but when I snapped some shots (caught up
with the reverie of the music) I suddenly thought that what if these
people didnt want their pics taken.  I asked her if she would like a
picture sent to her! I felt good about that eventhough it was a good ten
minutes of snapping other things in the area.  Ahhhh.. too bad I didnt
hear from her about whether the pics were any good!

And thanks for the B&W film info... I have to give Tmax a try. using
TriX 400 currently per teacher's preference. Not sure if I like Ilford's
XP2 iso400 film since the lab botched the two rolls I submitted for
developing: along the edges of the negs, crack-like marks radiate from
the sprocket holes. Sometimes the radiating lines come into the image
area.  Is this normal as I have heard problems with lab processing
Ilford XP2 film??

Does anyone else know about this?? DAN?

Cheers!