Subject: [Leica] M6
From: TM <spaniel@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 1998 09:07:52 -0700

A simple piece of humor for all!
___________
A Trip to Rome

     A man walked in to Joe's Barber Shop for his regular haircut. As
     he snips away, Joe asks "What's up?"

     The man proceeds to explain he's taking a vacation to Rome with his
new M6.

     "ROME?!" Joe says, "Why would you want to go there? It's a
     crowded dirty city full of Italians! You'd be crazy to go to
     Rome! So how ya getting there?"

     "We're taking TWA," the man replies.

     "TWA?!" yells Joe. "They're a terrible airline. Their planes are
     old, their flight attendants are ugly and they're always late! So
     where you staying in Rome?"

     The man says "We'll be at the downtown International Marriot."

     "That DUMP?!" says Joe. "That's the worst hotel in the city! The
     rooms are small, the service is surly and slow and they're
     overpriced! So whatcha doing when you get there?"

     The man says "We're going to go see the Vatican and hope to see
     the Pope."

     "HA! That's rich!" laughs Joe. "You and a million other people
     trying to see him. He'll look the size of an ant. Boy, good luck
     on THIS trip. You're going to need it!"

     A month later, the man comes in for his regular haircut. Joe
     says, "Well, how did that trip to Rome turn out? Betcha TWA gave
     you the worst flight of your life!"

     "No, quite the opposite" explained the man. "Not only were we on
     time in one of their brand new planes, but it was full and they
     bumped us up to first class. The food and wine were wonderful,
     and I had a beautiful 28 year old flight attendant who waited on
     me hand and foot!"

     "Hmmm," Joe says, "Well, I bet the hotel was just like I
     described."

     "No, quite the opposite! They'd just finished a $25 million
     remodeling. It's the finest hotel in Rome, now. They were
     overbooked, so they apologized and gave us the Presidential suite
     for no extra charge!"

     "Well," Joe mumbles, "I KNOW you didn't get to see the Pope!"

     "Actually, we were quite lucky. As we toured the Vatican, a Swiss
     guard tapped me on the shoulder and explained the Pope likes to
     personally meet some of the visitors, and if I'd be so kind as to
     step into this private room and wait, the Pope would personally
     greet me. Sure enough, after 5 minutes the Pope walked through
     the door and shook my hand. I knelt down as he spoke a few words
     to me."

     Impressed, Joe asks, "Tell me, please! What'd he say?"

     "Oh, not much really. Just "That's a great camera but where'd you
get that awful haircut?"