Subject: [Leica] Praise of 4.5/135mm Hektor
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 1998 09:16:31 +0200

I just picked up some XP2 pictures shot using the 135mm Hektor lens
which I just acquired. I decided to buy it based on an article in the
Viewfinder, figuring that at the asking price of $175 I was not risking
much.

Now that I have the pictures, I consider the $175 some of the best money
I ever spent! I shot some informal portraits outdoors of my family,
mostly side- or backlit. The Hektor was mounted on my M3. The portraits
are some of the best I have ever shot, with beautiful rendition, bokeh,
everything. On the M3, the lens is quite easy to focus and the focus is
accurate, even wide open (of course, "wide open" means just f4.5 here).
I have seen this lens in shops, it seems to be quite widely available. I
highly recommend it for anyone with an M system. At the low prices it
commands (apparently it is not desireable for collectors) it is probably
the best bargain in the Leica world.

Nathan

- --
Nathan Wajsman