Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 0.75 v. M6 0.85
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 1998 09:07:50 -0500

At 01:32 PM 8/8/98 +0100, you wrote:

>having the 28mm frame, which might be important  - I do not know whether I
>may eventually buy a 28mm lens.  In short, does the larger viewfinder
>adequately compensate for the loss of versatility?

It's for longer lenses. 50 and longer especially. But some people like it
with 35mm lenses. It's just up to you.

And, just to nik-pick, the viewinder isn't larger. The magnification is
greater.

But the important thing is, you just might want to wait until October to
buy it. There might be a new rangefinder Leica introduced in September. I
know, folks, I was just saying a month or so ago that it isn't going to
happen. Better safe than sorry.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out where the
strong man stumbled or where the doer of deeds could have done them better.
The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is
marred with dust and sweat and bl