Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Photography
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1998 20:32:52 +0100

Fstopoo8 wrote:

<<<Count me in as one of the interested. I would like to know what type B&W film
you're shooting. My wife and I will be travelling to Italy and I'd like to
take some serious black and white. I have not kept up with these films in
quite some time and am interested in what's new and good. Thanks.>>>>>>

hello Fstop,
You'll find most B&W films these days are good solid image receiving
emulsions. However, the answer to your question could or will create a
dozen various answers as to which film is best.

It depends on what you are shooting and under what light level conditions,
what developers you'll use when you return, how big your prints will be.
So to give you the definitive answer is almost impossible to recommend.
However, I use Kodak TMax 100, 400 or 3200 depending on what I'm shooting
and I use Tmax developer as recommended by Kodak.

I'm sure you'll receive many other responses to your question.

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant