Subject: [Leica] Off-topic: Nikon slide scanner recommendation
From: Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 21:15:49 +0200

I just read about the latest Nikon slide scanners: the Coolscan III
(LS-30) and the Super Coolscan 2000 (LS-2000) that are replacing the
Coolscan LS-20 and LS-1000 respectively. Their specs sheets look very
impressive, especially the new digital ICE technology for automatic
removal of surface defects such as dust, scratches and so on.

Anybody has any experience with any of these and how do they compare to
the older Nikon slide scanners?
What recommendations can one give to buying a slide scanner? I am a
beginner in the subject, but would like to capture the image quality of
my Leica glass electronically, so I guess one of the entry-level slide
scanners won't do justice to my Leica gear.

Any info/recommendation will be appreciated.

Pascal

Check out: http://members.xoom.com/cyberplace/
Who else than Leica could make a camera like the R8 ?
With that unique design and above all: that ergonomics.
Nikon ? Canon ? Nobody but Leica !