Subject: RE: [Leica] 2x extender R disappointment
From: jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 10:24:00 +0000

Alex,
Interesting to hear your thoughts on this, as this is one of the pieces
of equipment I've thought of buying new, Ffordes of Southend have them
for sale at œ250(UKP), new stock.
This taints it though, presumably later versions were different.
I have a Komura 2x converter for Leica screw and M, that's poor. I've a
2x converter from Novoflex with a 640/8 lens that's been used so little
I'm not sure of its capabilities but it will only fit the Novoflex lens
(bayonet) and then onto the Leica SL.
I have 2x and 3x converters in L39 mount for Zorki 3m cameras, these are
so cheap (but unusual) that I've nevr put a film past them...

I know that hasn't answered your question, but I enjoyed writing it!

Jem

 ----------
Hi LUGnuts

Tried using my Leitz 2x  SL/SL2 extender to turn my 90/2 into a 180/4 on
the cheap.
Quite frankly, the results were appalling. Soft focus and washed out
colour. Nothing wrong with the 90/2, as shots taken before and afterwards
with just the prime lens were tack sharp and rich in colour.
I can't believe that Leitz would produce an extender this bad, so there
must be something wrong with it (or with the way I'm using it).
1) Anyone else had any bad experiences with Leitz 2x extenders?

Alex