Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Gadget Bags
From: reviews_ed.hifichoice@dennis.co.uk (Alan Sircom)
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 15:57:56 +0000

Although the bag will not hold two M cameras and four lenses and the
rest, I have found the B-Laika by Fogg to be a notch above the rest.
This French bag is designed specifically for the M camera and will
easily hold two M bodies fitted with lenses of 50mm or shorter, with
enough space for a 90mm lens and a small flash unit in the main
compartment. It also has two front pockets (one with a zip) which hold
the majority of extras you mention. It is very similar to the leather
cases made by Leica itself, but more flexible and cheaper as they are
made of canvas. Best of all, it is tiny, being about the size of the
average takeaway from Col. Sanders.

Also, the bag is extendable, as it can be used with the smaller bags in
the Fogg range. I use the little Flute bag to hold my M6 with 50 Elmar
when I travel on business and don't need the full kit. If I need a more
complete set-up, I take the B-Laika and if I need to fly with the whole
lot, I move the contents of the B-Laika's front flap into the Flute,
join the two together, stick a novel in the zippy flap and my freshen
up kit in the main flap and no airline can resist me! At least in
theory.

One thing I forgot to add to my previous posting. The bags are
extremely well made, built in the traditional way Billingham used to be
about 15 years ago.