Subject: Re: [Leica] two cents x 2 = four cents
From: reviews_ed.hifichoice@dennis.co.uk (Alan Sircom)
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 12:25:17 +0000

The small flash-gun I use is the baby Metz 20 BC6. While it is no match
for the bigger Metz flashguns, it is supremely well made for the money
(it cost me about 30 in the UK a couple of years ago) and with the
optional extention cable is is great for fill-flash. There is not much
power output, but does have a rudimentary automatic setting (f/5.6 @
ISO 100 at about 10 feet away). It is also about the size of (and not
much heavier than) a packet of cigarettes.
In fairness, I so rarely use a flash-gun (it's not really part of the
Leica M ethos, is it?), that the Metz sees little action. But, I can
still say that the only real limitations of the 20 BC6 is the fact that
it uses three AA batteries (two or four would be more bubble-pack
friendly) and that the synch lead is not commonly available. Otherwise,
it's about the best parnter for any leica M camera.