Subject: Re: [Leica] 80-200 reponses
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 1998 16:01:55 -0500

At 01:31 PM 7/26/98 -0400, you wrote:

>I doubt you would find much difference in picture quality between the Leica
>80-200f4 and the Contax 80-200f4.  I would be careful with any criticism of
>Contax/Zeiss lenses, especially after Kyocera acquires controlling
interest in
>Leica Camera AG (blasphemy!!) : )

Beats the tar out of any other options! :-)

The only real difference you might see is the color of the Contax lens
would likely be cooler. That's pretty much the case for most of their other
lenses. Blake Ziegler, Contax's main rep. in the U.S., calls it neutral
compared to Leica. I say cooler. Matter of perspective.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Men say they know many things; but lo! they have taken wings
The arts and sciences, and a thousand appliances
The wind that blows is all that any body knows.
  -Thoreau